Tips for the Week
- Apples to Apples: Grab an apple for breakfast. It is a low calorie way to give you energy and sustenance for a long day of work.
- Sleep: It’s not only useful for dreaming about your future, but being able to achieve your dreams.
- Dress for Success Not to Impress: Looking professional is important. But doing your job well is most important. Therefore focus on an outfit that will allow you to do your job efficiently and be comfortable enough to look presentable.
- Make Friends: Make opening conversation at the beginning of the day, as if your department was a team and a well established part of your life. Everyone loves to talk about what they did over the weekend.
- Be Reasonable: Don’t expect to be given the keys to city in one week. Responsibilities and trust come with a proven track record of success.
- Eat Healthy: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. is a long shift. You’ll need nutrition and energy. So, eat low carbohydrate, high protein, high fiber. Avoid sodas and instead stick with water.
- Make A List, Check it Twice: Write down everyone’s name that you meet, where you met them and the department they work in. This helps them feel like you really took the time to remember them when you next see them. It’s beneficial for networking and for getting your job done.